Tuesday, February 17, 2009

My First Blog Post

The original purpose of this blog is to satisfy a requirement of the "Intel Teach to the Future" technology course, but I plan to branch out into other areas of discussion in the future. The class and its resources are already proving to be valuable assets in my teaching. The instruction focuses on preparing students for the future by utilizing technology, advanced instructional design, and project based learning. So far, the greatest impact on me personally has been the use of web-based resources. I have tried to incorporate the use of the internet in my classes though my Lex-Connect class pages, but I can see how these new resources will enable me to carry it to a new level. Using curriculum framing questions will also help me in my planning and instruction. They basically take the traditional standard or objective for each lesson, and expand it onto three levels of learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment